I’m so excited that the studio is finished! The inside is still a work in progress in terms of organising so I thought I’d share some photos of the outside alongside some pics of how it looked when we first bough the house in July. (There will be pics to follow of the inside too so if you’re interested keep an eye out for that post.) The inside was the biggest transformation in terms of turning the space from a big shed into a work area so I’m excited to share those soon. Anyway back to the exterior…this is the before……And the after! When we first moved in the studio was hidden behind a mound of greenery. Unfortunately a large area of the door and window were blocked so we had to dig up a tree and cut everything way back. (The above pic was when we viewed the house and the below was how much the garden grew in the time in took for us to buy it!) Digging up the tree turned out to be the best decision as there is so much light now and its nice looking out over the garden and seeing the house. Read more
This month I’ve started feeling more settled in our new house. Some of the initial stress and overwhelming feelings are starting to subside and I’m feeling more relaxed and remembering all the factors of the house we fell in love with. I feel lucky that we found this house and the excitement is building again with all the possibilities it will bring. Read more
A little update from where I last left off… Our offer had been accepted on the new house and as the above title suggests we moved into our first home just a month ago. What a huge learning curve and whirlwind being a first time home-owner is! We’ve started to slowly settle into the new house. When we first moved in it was overwhelming. As someone who wants everything to be done immediately I learnt rather quickly that’s not physically possible and to slow down a bit, breathe it in and try to enjoy the process. The house itself doesn’t need a lot of work per say but there’s a lot of things we would like to do to it cosmetically to make it feel our own.
In this first month we…
– Cooked our first meal in our new kitchen (Hemsley & Hemsley Feta and black bean burgers,yum!)
– Took weekly trips to the dump after clearing,cutting, weeding and mowing the garden. In the first day of gardening we ended up with 12 bin bags of rubbish plus two huge garden sacks full.
– Painted our bedroom and repainted our wardrobes, all hail Annie Sloan chalk paint! Our wardrobes are painted in Paris grey with grey rose knobs and we love them.
– Ripped off the wooden mantel to our fireplace to discover lots of broken bricks, slightly heartbroken but making plans for a fireplace makeover. I’m hoping we can keep some of the original brickwork.
– Added plants to our space. Even if everything is slightly chaotic having flowers or plants around makes my heart happy.
– Made proper plans for the new studio (eee!) It’s the thing I’m most excited about. It needs the electric re-wiring, insulating, plasterboard put up, the walls plastered and painted. We are also adding wooden slats to the front and painting the outside. There’s a lot to do! The work starts Friday and I can’t wait to see it transform into a little creative haven…